Chopped beef 500 grams ( 16 oz )
Zucchini 2 medium sized
Onion 2 to 3 small sized
Garlic 2 cloves
Serrano chilli 1
Mushrooms 200 grams
Knorr chicken bullion ½ cube
Low fat mozzarella cheese ½ cup shredded
Paprika 1 tsp
Dried basil 1 tsp
Salt and pepper As per required
- Slice zucchini into ( ½ inch) 1 cm slices.Use julienne peeler if available.Set it aside after sprinkling a little salt.
- Cover zucchini with a paper towel and grill it or broil in the oven for about 3 minutes at high heat. Place it on paper towel to suck out liquid as much as possible.
- Take tomatoes and cut its ends, then boil it in water. After boiling pour cold water over boiled tomatoes to peel off its skin.
- Now chop onion, chilli, peeled tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Take a frying pan (skillet) , add little cooking spray to fry garlic, onion and chilli for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook them for 4-5 minutes. Sauté these vegetables, take it out and set it aside.
- Now cook beef in the same frying pan adding paprika until its fully browned. Add sauté vegetables along with chicken bullion and remaining spices , now let it cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degree centigrade (375 F). Take a parchment paper and make a layer of 1/3 of zucchini, now 1/3 of meat sauce on top of it. Repeat it until it’s all finished.
- Spread mozzarella over and bake it for 35 minutes.
Ready to serve.
Author: Kausar Fatima