Frozen spinach 500 grams (16 oz)
Onion 1 medium
Carrot 1 medium
Low fat mozzarella 1 oz
Fat free cottage cheese 4 oz
Parsley ¾ cup
Garlic 1 clove
Curry powder 1tsp
Chilli flakes ¼ tsp
Salt and pepper 1 tsp
- Set oven to 200 degree centigrade (400 F)
- Defrost spinach either by placing it out or heating out on oven for few minutes and stain all the water.
- Take a bowl and mix spinach, mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs, garlic. Add half the salt and pepper.
- Take a baking sheet ,place a parchment paper. Spray some cooking spray over it. Now spread the mixture flat on it making it almost ½ inch thick.
- Back it for 15 minutes and then set aside to cool.
Note: no need to turn off the oven as you will need to use it again.
- Chopping onion and parsley along with grating carrots. Now in a frying pan spray some cooking spray and fry onion for a minute, add parsley and carrots, cook gently for about 2 minutes. Now adding cottage cheese, curry powder, chilli, the other half salt and pepper and mix briefly while cooking.
- After that add an egg in the mixture while taking it off the heat. Spread this mixture over cooled spinach layer in a such a way that it do not reach to the ends of the lower layer or it will spill out while rolling.
- Roll up the mat and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take it out, let it cool for 10-15 minutes, cut it into pieces and serve.
Author: Kausar Fatima